It is hard to figure out how to go on about Delhi University Admissions when you’re already stressed out about the board results, cut-offs, school ending, etc. In your confusion, you might end up in muck. To prevent that, here’s a comprehensive guide on the DU Admission Procedure. Admissions in Delhi University are offered through two different basis depending on your course, through merit (i.e., marks in the 12th board) or marks in DUET (DU Entrance Exam). Read further to know all about how to take admissions in Delhi University:
Before enrolling yourself in any particular college or course in Delhi University, one must need to know all the details.
For most courses, the colleges will offer you admission based on your merit in class 12th board exams. For that, they will require the cumulative percentage in best four subjects in class 12th. The best four subjects’ percentage will be used to see if your marks come in a particular college’s course cutoff.
DU had released the first cut-off list for admissions to its 63 colleges on June 27 2019.
Delhi University releases around five cutoff lists every year for Undergraduate Admissions. If your marks come under a particular college’s course cutoff, it is advised that you secure a seat and then move on to see which other college you might get. DU has no seat method when it releases cut off lists, so no matter how many students enroll, the college will have to give them admissions. There is usually a time period of three days to take admission after the release of a cutoff list.
Also Read: List of Best Colleges for Best Courses in Delhi University
If your marks make it into the cutoff list of a college and a course, you can select the best one to your liking and select that college for admissions.
You are advised to reach the college in which you seek admission the next day of release of the cutoff list for the verification of documents and securing a seat. The whole process takes one to two days. Here is a list of documents you need for the Delhi University admissions process:
Print out of the registration form downloaded from the official Delhi University admissions website.
The class 10th original mark sheet and its self-attested photocopy.
The class 12th original mark sheet and its self-attested photocopy.
Three recent passport size photographs.
Community certificate, if applicable (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/CW/KM).
Offline verification of documents is necessary to take admission in any college/course of Delhi University.
Once the documents are verified, the college will keep your original documents, and after payment of a nominal admission fee, you will be given a fee slip which will have to be paid either at the college’s cashier or through the college’s online fee submission portal. This will be your course fee. After this fee is paid, you can look for other colleges or continue studying at the college.
1) While calculating the best of four, look at DU’s or that particular college’s rule book. It might be possible a penalty of 1%-2.5% is applicable if your best of four contains some particular subjects.
2) It is important to note that the course you choose is more important than the college you will be studying at.
3) It is easy to revoke admissions, and the whole process is doable in three days as there is no seat procedure. If your percentage comes in the cutoff, the college is compelled to give you admission, therefore, if you get a better option, consider that.
4) It is also advised to keep original documents, including TWO photo IDs and two photocopies of each document (self-attested and plain) while going for admissions.
5) Take some cash in hand for easy sailing as you will have to pay a meager admission fee which might range from Rs. 200-500 and sometimes, there isn’t an ATM around.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Lost your password?
Enter your email to receive our newsletter.